2012/5/23 Jimmy Brake <ji...@dwalliance.com>:
> I simply tee'ed all the incoming mail using i think it was an anti-spam
> program ..the teeing mechanism was special though it put a copy on the file
> system with some extra header foo that captured from to cc bcc ip. Then I
> built a script to parse those emails then store them all in a searchable
> DB(designed on how google stores and searches data per the stanford doc about
> their original design) .. the original emails were bzipped and put on a
> network of file systems(storage cluster) -- just an entry in the db of their
> location in the storage cluster ...
>
> not a real command line but basically this ..
>
> cat email | sort | unique > storage script concat random id + bzip and move
> email to storage cluster
>
> :-) hope that helps!

thanks for the reply, this looks interesting I will google for the
google docs, but for this project
unfortunately I need to copy only specific users emails and put them
in specific mailboxes not archive whole incoming emails

if we have bbrother

l...@bb.com: lazy-c...@bb.com

all incoming/outgoing messages for/from l...@bb.com are forwarded to
lazy-c...@bb.com mailbox,

it's done by appending tlazy-c...@bb.com to the todo file in queue by
qmail-queue (whitch is nice because it takes care of incomming and
outgoing messages)

the problem is that orginal sender is used as the source of both
delivery so orginal sender will get a bounce message, and I need to
avoid that

now i'm using 't' for bbcopy email and plan to inject a copy just in
the simmilar manner like bounces.

I think it should work but it's getting quite complicated and I'm
wondering if there is simpler more elegant way

> I'm trying to setup backup solution based on qmail-ldap's bigbrother.
>
> Everything is fine except that if the copy destination mailbox is
> unavaiable, overquota .. the sender of the oryginal message is getting
> a bounce message, and I want to avoid that.
>
> Anyone have an idea how to do that ?

Regards,
Michal Grzedzicki