[EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes on 7 February 1999 at 20:35:40
+0100
 > On Sun, 7 Feb 1999 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
 >
 > > > Why we are having this discussion? probably because some people, like to
 > > > categorize people who send mail through dial up as spammers.
 > >
 > > It's not a case of categorizing.  The problem is that those who do send
 > > mail directly from a dialup cannot be _distinguished_ from a spammer.
 >
 > Then why should they be automatically labelled as spammers? Also, people
 > who send mail through relays cannot be distinguished from spammers also.

Right, and people are blocking systems known to be open relays, too.
See the pattern?
--
David Dyer-Bennet                                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.ddb.com/~ddb (photos, sf) Minicon: http://www.mnstf.org/minicon