On Wed, Feb 10, 1999 at 11:15:46AM +0000, Chris Green wrote:

> The default/normal way to set up Maildir delivery with qmail means
> that the Maildir is ~/Maildir, is this 'cast in stone' or is it
> relatively easy to change?
>
> It's not a disaster if it has to be ~/Maildir but it's a bit
> confusing as users tend to keep their mail folders in ~/Mail and
> thus end up having both ~/Mail and ~/Maildir.
>
> I'd really prefer to put the Maildir in the ~/Mail directory and call
> it something else such as inbox, or incoming.  Then it would be on the
> same level as the Maildirs created by mutt.

Just change the default delivery instruction in qmail's startup rc file to
deliver to ~/Mail/inbox:

#!/bin/sh

# Using splogger to send the log through syslog.
# Using qmail-local to deliver messages to ~/Mail/inbox/ by default.

exec env - PATH="/usr/local/qmail/bin:$PATH" \
qmail-start ./Mail/inbox/ splogger qmail

--
Anand
System Administrator