hello,

        with the release of the new linux kernel, the limit of concurrent
processes is now raised.  according to conf-spawn we cannot raise the qmail
concurrency limit past 256. is there any reason for this?

        i know raising this limit would break some unix boxes.  is there a
theoretical reason to limit it just to 256?  a heavily built linux box with
more than ample memory, processing power, and bandwidth with no load except
mail deliveries would benefit by raising this limit to something even
higher than 256.

        during a recent changeover of mail servers, my linux box was comfortably
serving a continuous 240 concurrent remote connections over a period of 2
days.

-marlon