On Thu, Feb 11, 1999 at 06:37:22PM +0800, Marlon Anthony Abao wrote:
> hello,
>
>       with the release of the new linux kernel, the limit of concurrent
> processes is now raised.  according to conf-spawn we cannot raise the qmail
> concurrency limit past 256. is there any reason for this?

Qmail internally stores the concurrency limit in an object of type
char.  If you tried to specify a limit higher than 256, it would
overflow and give you a concurrency limit *lower* than what you asked
for.

Is there a compelling technical reason why qmail shouldn't support
more concurrent delivery processes, or is this just the result of
short-sighted design considerations?

--
Regards,
Tim Pierce