On Mon, 15 Feb 1999, Dileep Agrawal wrote:

> SMTP server said:
>
> 451 put, E=\r\n at the end of Mether, Mtcp, or Msmtp in sendmail.cf if you
> are using Solaris 2.5 (fixed in 2.5). I cannot accept messages with stray
> newlines....

The mention of sendmail.cf might be a hint that the problem is not with
qmail.  The server giving this response is obviously running sendmail.

(It's not even a sendmail problem for that matter.  It's an Eudora bug.)

> It does not happen with Eudora 3.0.  Does Eudora put in stray newlines?  Is
> there a fix?

I believe there is a fix on the www.eudora.com site.

Cheers,
Vern
 Vern Hart     \ V /| _||   / .` |
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]  \_/ |___|_|_\_|\_|

 10:28pm up 5 day(s), 22:07, 17 users, load average: 0.07, 0.16, 0.17