We had the "other" vacation working under IRIX 5.3 but since we have moved
to 6.5 it doesn't work. Our qmail config is the same, so I can't really
say why it doesn't work. I have read both the IRIX (sendmail) vacation and
the Peter Samuel vacation manuals, but can't make the old one work again.

We have a sendmail wrapper that does this:

ella 1# more /usr/lib/sendmail
#!/bin/sh
cat | /var/qmail/bin/predate /var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject

...and as stated (below) we were using preline like this:

|preline vacation YourLogin

Peter's vacation works great, but I am instructed to fix the "other"
vacation (if possible)...any help would be appreciated :)

Samuel Daffner
Mills College ITS