I have a nagging time zone problem on a RHL 5.2 box using Pine as the
MUA and Qmail as the MTA.

Take a look at the time stamp on this message to see what I mean.
Notice how it says "-0600 (EST)" in the date field.  That's not a
valid time zone.

The box thinks it's in the US-Central time zone, but something (I'm
guessing Pine?) is tacking that annoying "EST" on.

All the little hacks like making the symbolic link between
/usr/lib/zoneinfo and /usr/share/zoneinfo have been done on this box.

Can anyone shed some light on this problem?

More info that might be useful:

Kernel version: 2.0.36 or 2.2.1
Pine version:   4.05 or 4.10
Qmail version:  1.03, installed via the "Memphis" SRPMS.

Chuck Milam             I.T. Division - Academic Computing
[EMAIL PROTECTED]         University of Wisconsin at Oshkosh