> On Wed, Feb 24, 1999 at 02:57:19AM +0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > are the messages from the addresses in /var/qmail/control/badmailfrom
> > automatically bounced or do they just go to /dev/null?
>
> The sender is rejected at the SMTP level. The sender says:
>
>    MAIL FROM:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> and qmail-smtpd responds:
>
>    553 sorry, your envelope sender is in my badmailfrom list (#5.7.1)
>
> End of story.

Is there anyway to have qmail use badmailfrom on the from line in the
header?  The spammers are forging the envelopes so the envelopes are
pretty useless these days for filtering.

(I've always referred to the "From " line as the envelope sender and
called the "From:" line in the header the header from line.)

--
Richard Shetron  [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 What is the Meaning of Life?