Richard Shetron writes:

> Is there anyway to have qmail use badmailfrom on the from line in the
> header?

Yes.  Write the code to do it.  As a guideline, use my patch,
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Peaks/5799/qmail-uce.html

>         The spammers are forging the envelopes so the envelopes are
> pretty useless these days for filtering.

The From: header is equally forged, so you won't gain much, unless you
perform an overall syntax check on the header - i.e. bounce if the From:
header is missing, or doesn't appear to have anything that can ever be
possibly valid in any kind of a situation whatsoever.

--
Sam