Well, the qmail popbull patch works a bit differently, since it counts
on the access time of the user's Maildir vs the creation time of the
actual bulletin file to determine whether they should get the bulletin
(as far as I can remember).

I'm wondering which method I prefer now.  One drawback of the access
time method is that if the user accesses the mail in another fashion
(we have a imap webmail gateway, for example), or if a technician
needs to access the customer's mail for some reason, then the access
time of the Maildir has been modified and they will never get the
bulletin.. I'll ponder what to do.. One drawback of the ~/.popbull
method would be a few thousand more inodes used.. among other things.

Aaron

Quoting [EMAIL PROTECTED] ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):