-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Donnerstag, 11. März 1999 18:56
To: qmail mailing list
Subject: Re: Strange Phenomen with virtualdomains-file

On Thu, Mar 11, 1999 at 08:56:31AM +0100, Joerg Toellner wrote:

>> Next i created a .qmail-outbound-default file (Same owner and group as
>> the maildir) with "./outbound" as its contents.

>Isn't this supposed to go to a maildir?  Unless you put the trailing "/"
>qmail-local will try to find a -mailBOX- to deliver to.

Yes, youre right! I forgot the trailing / I corrected it immediately! Thx.
for your hint. But this was not the main thing.

>> Okay...lets try a reboot and restart qmail....
>> SURPRISE! qmail wont come up at startup!!! (I never changed the startup
>> files...so why?)...

> Why in the world would you reboot the system?  You're not on an NT box...

:-) I said im not a Linux-Expert! I promise: Ill pray from now on every
evening: I never never NEVER reboot a Linux server!

> Tried to start qmail manually...Sorry....NO QMAIL processes (no rspawn,
> lspawn, clean a.s.o).
> And the qmail logs said ... what?

Nothing...but is solved the problem now. The permissions of the
virtualdomains file in /var/qmail/control were wrong. After chmod them all
works fine. My mails arrive in my alias-outbound maildir and serialmail send
them to my isp. I receive: Msg. accepted for delivery! Hooooraaaayyyy!

Thx. to all here and special thx. to John White!

But be sure...ill return in the next episode of this story with another
question and with a NOT REBOOTED machine :-))))

CYA
Joerg