Great program for fixing the queue.  Hope I never have to use it.

 I thought of another robust method for moving the queue, but
 thankfully have never needed to try it.  What do you think?
 It employs djb's serialmail.

   (install serialmail and follow install instructions in
     <serialmail source>/TOISP including setting up a
     virtual domain to which to deliver all mail to a maildir)

   disable qmail-inject and qmail-smtpd so users can't add
     things to the queue

   kill -HUP <qmail-send pid>   # recognize the virtual domain addition
   /var/qmail/bin/qmail-tcpok   # reset retry timeout
   kill -ALRM <qmail-send pid>  # reattempt all deliveries (into maildir)
   /var/qmail/bin/qmail-qstat   # check to make sure queue is empty
   kill <qmail-lspawn pid>      # shut down qmail

   install qmail in a new location with 'make setup check' after
     modifying the file locations, of course (even if just creating
     a queue in a new location)
   start up the new qmail
   reenable qmail-inject and qmail-smtpd
   use serialmail to deliver all the queued mail in the maildir back
     into the queue

 This should, in many cases, also work for queues low on disk space
 because as things are delivered to the maildir (on a different partition
 with more disk space!) space is created in the queue.  (After issueing
 qmail-tcpok, you can modify the delivery retry on the huge file(s) that
 are stalling the queue so that when you give qmail-send a SIGALRM, it
 doesn't attempt to deliver them yet)

 Comments?

 Glenn