This is a really trivial question but I can't figure it out at the
moment.  I thus *do* have some sympathy with the recent postings about
the documentation.

I have qmail running on my RedHat 5.2 system and the basics work fine.
Mail is being delivered to all my users correctly and also mail to
postmaster, root and mailer-daemon works OK using the .qmail-xxx files
in /var/qmail/alias.

I also have a /var/qmail/alias/.qmail-default file so any badly or
incorrectly addressed mail gets to me.  This is fine as I'm on a dial
up line, we are just four users and the level of badly addressed mail
is minimal.

However I now want to get mail addressed to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
delivered to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  I tried looking at the qmail
documentation and it just confused me I'm afraid.  Should I be using
the /var/qmail/users/assign file describe in qmail-users (but I don't
have one at the moment).  Should I be using the mechanisms described
in dot-qmail?  *What* should I be using for a simple alias mechanism?

I have created a file .qmail-maxine.green in /var/qmail/alias with
just 'maxine' in it but that doesn't seem to work.  It also seems a
rather clumsy mechanism if I wanted to create a lot of aliases.  What
I would really like to do is arrange that all mail for  (regex)
'.*maxine.*@isbd.demon.co.uk' would go to maxine, is there a simple
way to do this?

--
Chris Green ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
  Home: [EMAIL PROTECTED]           Work: [EMAIL PROTECTED]