On 1999-01-04 at 12:12:27, Mate Wierdl wrote:
>    That would require qmail-inject and qmail-smtpd, among others, to be suid
>    or sgid to some uid/gid that will allow them to execute qmail-queue.
>    That would be Wrong(tm).
>
> So what could happen if qmail-inject is sgid qmail?
> but at least invoking uid identification is possible.

[A long boring thread, but..]

And of course then quota on /var can be used to limit the damage a user
can do to mail submission down to what is negligible.  Something still
tells me it's not really a lot less quirky, but sgid actually has the
above two advantages (identification/quota).  That is, if I did not lose
any braincells during the holidays which related to this knowledge :)

--
Janos - Don't worry, my address is real.  I'm just bored of spam.