-----Original Message-----
From: Janos Farkas
<Janos.Farkas-nouce/priv-#[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Monday, January 04, 1999 3:31 PM
Subject: Re: Anonymous Qmail Denial of Service

:On 1999-01-04 at 12:12:27, Mate Wierdl wrote:
:>    That would require qmail-inject and qmail-smtpd, among others, to be
suid
:>    or sgid to some uid/gid that will allow them to execute qmail-queue.
:>    That would be Wrong(tm).
:>
:> So what could happen if qmail-inject is sgid qmail?
:...
:> but at least invoking uid identification is possible.
:
:[A long boring thread, but..]
:
:And of course then quota on /var can be used to limit the damage a user
:can do to mail submission down to what is negligible.  Something still
:tells me it's not really a lot less quirky, but sgid actually has the
:above two advantages (identification/quota).  That is, if I did not lose
:any braincells during the holidays which related to this knowledge :)
:
:--
:Janos - Don't worry, my address is real.  I'm just bored of spam.
: