Hello,

        I believe I have my CNAME problem with AOL solved, but it will take
a day or two to be certain.  On a more difficult note, I have the following
script to stop, start, restart, and status qmail (which was furnished by
inter7.com, good commercial support for qmail IMO):

[billp@odie billp]$ cat /etc/rc.d/init.d/qmail
#!/bin/sh

# Qmail Startup

PROG=qmail                  # what program are we playing with?
COMMAND=$PROG                       # command to start $PROG
DIR=/var/lock/$PROG                 # a directory for supervise to use
LOGDIR=/var/log/$PROG               # directory for logs

# Source function library.
INITDIR=/etc/rc.d/init.d            # location of initscripts
. $INITDIR/daemontools.functions

# See how we were called.
case "$1" in
  start)
        echo -n "Starting: "
        env - PATH="/var/qmail/bin:/usr/local/bin" \
        qmail-start ./Maildir/ splogger qmail &
        echo -n "qmail "

        env - PATH="/var/qmail/bin:/usr/local/bin" \
        tcpserver -H -R -x /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb -c20 -u7791 -g2108 0 smtp \
        /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd 2>&1 > /dev/null &
        echo -n "smtp "

        env - PATH="/var/qmail/bin:/usr/local/bin" \
        tcpserver -H -R -b30 -c10 0 pop3 \
        /var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup odie.donbest.com \
        /bin/checkpassword /var/qmail/bin/qmail-pop3d Maildir &
        echo "pop3d"

        ;;
  stop)
        echo -n "Stopping: "
        killproc qmail-send
        echo -n "qmail "
        killproc tcpserver
        echo "smtp pop"
        ;;
  restart)
        $0 stop
        $0 start
        ;;
  status)
        status qmail
        ;;
  *)
        echo "Usage: qmail {start|stop|restart|status}"
        exit 1
esac

exit 0

Now the problem I have is when I want to stop or restart qmail, it
calls a procedure called killproc (or a command?!?!).  I can kill
qmail-send with a kill <pid of qmail-send>, but can someone suggest
where to get killproc, or a cleaner way of handling this strip?

-Bill