On Wed, Jan 06, 1999 at 12:52:15AM -0600, Josh Murrah wrote:

> I'm using Paul Gregg's setup for POP3 accounts for virtual domains, with
> one UID perdomain, and it works like a charm.  Here's the question : I
> just found out that with the checkpoppaswd that Paul G. suggests using, it
> still relies on a single passwd-style file, which means that if you're
> hosting 50 domains, you can only have one POP3 account named "webmaster".
> Do you guys know of any other solution?  I know that web servers deal out
> virtual domains by reading which domain name was asked to deliver
> material.  For example, I have a site, foo.org, that hosts bar.com and
> blah.com.  If I telnet to blah.com, port 80, and do a GET? I'll get blah's
> html, and if I do the same for foo.com, I'll get foo's html.  Does POP3
> have something like such, so that there can be a seperate passwd-style
> file for each domain?

If you have the following in control/virtualdomains:

foo.org:foo
bar.com:bar

you can have entries like the following in your poppasswd file:

foo-joeblow:$1$M14AAVdd$L9PxbFmKINwEtIabcdefg.:popuser:/var/qmail/popboxes/foo-org/joeblow/
bar-joeblow:$1$M14AAVdd$L9PxbFmKINwEtIhijklmn.:popuser:/var/qmail/popboxes/bar-com/joeblow/

User [EMAIL PROTECTED] would use foo-joeblow for his POP user name, and user
[EMAIL PROTECTED] would use bar-joeblow for his POP user name. This allows you to
have any number of accounts with the same name, so long as they're in different
domains.

Chris