Hello, I am currently running qmail for our email service and have run into
a trouble spot with one of our customers.  They had previously used the
Return Receipt option when sending email.  Now, with qmail, this does not
work.  I have read the list and set up qreceipt in their .qmail file and
this still does not cure the problem.  When trying to send a return receipt
from our server, we get an error about our smtp server does not support this
and will be sent without the ret..rec..  When using a sendmail client to
send a message to the person with the qreceipt line in .qmail, the message
goes through, but the sender receives back a bounce from Mailder-Daemon
stating that the server is non-DSN aware.  In the bounce, it does say that
the message was successful, but the user getting the bounce would more than
likely be confused as to what the bounce actually means.  Is the Return
Receipt function just a dead issue or is there any reason to worry about
this and just inform our customer that this function is no longer supported
and set up and autoreply message on receipt?  Any help would be appreciated.

Robert
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Fidelity Networks Inc.