What do you guys think the benefits would be to using the alias style for
virtualdomains (~alias/.qmail-domain-user) or the user style
($HOME/user/.qmail-aliaseduser)? I'm trying to figure out the best way to
add my virtual domains to qmail. What do you guys use with your setup?

For those who are unfamiliar (as I was) with either style, allow me to
explain what I know about the two styles of virtual domain configuration.

First you can have your standard virtual domain attached to a local user
account.
In control/virtualdomains you would have domain.com:user. Then in
$HOME/user/ you would have .qmail-aliaseduser files to take care of the
routing to the accounts that you want to have on your virtual domain.

Second, we have the alias user. This is a global user that would normally
take care of the local (control/locals) aliases and such. If you want to use
this style, you would simply put this in your control/virtualdomains,
domain.com:alias-domain. Then in your ~alias/ dir you would make
.qmail-domain-aliaseduser files to take care of the routing.

So, [EMAIL PROTECTED] with mail being sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED] would look like
this in local user account style.

in file
   control/virtualdomains
enter
   blah.com:blah
in file
   $HOME/blah/.qmail-info
enter
   &[EMAIL PROTECTED]

And for the ~alias user style.

in file
   control/virtualdomains
enter
   blah.com:alias-blah
in file
    ~alias/.qmail-blah-info
enter
   &[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Now I'm not saying my way is correct. This is how I understand it works.
After reading the man pages, FAQ, and various list mailings, this is what I
understand. If I am wrong, PLEASE tell the list I am. I don't want my misled
info being searched on the archived one day, if in fact it is misled :)

Thanks.

Reid Sutherland
Network Administrator
ISYS Technology Inc.
http://www.isys.ca
Fingerprint: 1683 001F A573 B6DF A074  0C96 DBE0 A070 28BE EEA5