> From:  "Reid Sutherland" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date:  Thu, 8 Apr 1999 12:54:26 -0400
>
> What do you guys think the benefits would be to using the alias style for
> virtualdomains (~alias/.qmail-domain-user) or the user style
> ($HOME/user/.qmail-aliaseduser)? I'm trying to figure out the best way to
> add my virtual domains to qmail. What do you guys use with your setup?

It depends.  I've used both.  If I'm setting up a virtual domain which is
managed by a user who isn't root, I redirect it all to that user, but on the
other hand, I have a client (scicomp.com), who owns a virtual domain
(scifinance.com) most, but not all, of which is handled by a
.qmail-*-default which forwards it to the main domain.

So, the question is "who's going to manage the domain.  If it's the same as
whoever manages your main domain, then it should probably be done in ~alias;
if it's an otherwise unpriviledged user, it should be done by that user.

Chris

--
Chris Garrigues                 virCIO
+1 512 432 4046                 4314 Avenue C                    O-

  My email address is an experiment in SPAM elimination.  For an
  explanation of what we're doing, see http://www.DeepEddy.Com/tms.html

    Nobody ever got fired for buying Microsoft,
      but they could get fired for relying on Microsoft.

PGP signature