On Tue, 13 Apr 1999, Juergen Schubert wrote:

[snip]
> This is a sample error message. I think your XEmacs is a good one and
> encodes the Subject MIME compliant.
[snip]
> Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 11:51:29 +0200
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> From: Juergen Schubert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: fär

The subject looks to me like 'f', a-with-umlaut, 'r'.  Dumped from the raw
mailbox, it looks like a '=E4' for the a-with-umlaut, but it's not marked
with the RFC-whatever-it-is prefix saying that it's encoded.  I haven't
read the relevant RFC recently enough to remember if this is permitted.

--
"Life is much too important to be taken seriously."
Thomas Erskine        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        (613) 998-2836