We have a list that, when it goes out, pushes our mail server's
qmail-remote processes to its max, 180. At points, almost every single one
is "connecting" to juno.com, effectively disallowing any other mail from
getting through. juno.com, meanwhile, is timing out.

Is the best way to deal with this simply to drop timeoutconnect to
something less than 60 (seconds)? How low is too low? It seems like it
shouldn't take more than 10 or 15 seconds for the initial connection;
after that, there's probably either a network connectivity problem or the
remote server is bogged down, right?

/pg
--
Peter Green