At 04:04 PM Tuesday 4/20/99, Robert J. Adams wrote:
>Harald,
>
>If we are speaking about reliability.. what if the local machine croaks..
>then anything in the queue (of that local machine) is lost.. that isn't
>acceptable.

Correct. But that doesn't detract from Harold's point that you *will*
corrupt the queue if you run it over NFS and you will destroying the queue
if you have more than one qmail-send try and service that queue. qmail is
not designed to share the queue in this way.

If you want a reliable queue in the face of this sort of error, and you want
to use qmail, you *have* to put the queue on hot-swappable mirrored disks
for a start (you have considered disk failure as well I trust) and have a
standby system that you can hot-swap the disks into.

Regards.