On Thu, 22 Apr 1999, Tracy R Reed wrote:

   No, the virus scanning software is trivial. McAffee has had it for x86 Linux
   for ages. Plugging it into qmail is the hard part. Something has to decode the
   MIME, decompress the zips, scan, and then do something appropriate with
   the email and notify both parties. That's not particularly trivial.

In my somewhat limited use of it I've found the Perl MIME::* modules
to be very useful.  It is trivial, for example, to take a file on
stdin, parse the mime structure, examine the content type and
content itself, do encoding transformations, run programs against
individual parts, etc.

-- Jeff Hayward