[ I sent this to qmail-help a month or so ago, but had no response. ]

I'm using qmail as the outbound mail agent on a machine that runs
sendmail for incoming mail.  I would like to modify qmail to use "+"
in constructing per-recipient VERPs on outgoing mail.  That's
necessary to make sendmail accept the bounces, and would permit me to
hack SmartList to take advantage of VERPs for accurate bounce
processing.

I thought that changing conf-break would change the character used to
construct VERPs.  However, it looks like conf-break only affects the
delimiter that qmail-smtpd looks for on incoming messages.  No matter
what's in conf-break, VERPs are still constructed with "-" as the
delimiter.

Is this intentional?  It doesn't seem to make sense to me, and I'd
like to know what I'm missing.

--
Regards,
Tim Pierce