On a, May 10, 1999 at 11:44:17AM +1000, Peter Samuel wrote:
>On Mon, 10 May 1999, Pavel Korovin wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>> I feel big troubles with execution programs from .qmail* files.
>> Any stuff after '|' I put in .qmail* files seems to be missed by qmail-local.
>
>It could be either a permission problem or a path problem. Either way,
>qmail will log something in your system logs.

Yes. I forgot to say that there is nothing special in syslog, all
looks like that works well.

>If it is a permission problem, then the permissions on the .qmail file
>should be 644. If the .qmail file has execute permission AND you are
>attempting anything other than a forward to another address, then the
>actions will fail. From the dot-qmail manpage:
--- skipped ---

It looks like qmail-local parses .qmail file, because
if i chmod +x ~/.qmail it barfs in syslog standard err message (Uh-oh...)
I tried to dig in the code, what i find there:

--- qmail-local.c ---
 switch(child = fork())
  {
   case -1:
     temp_fork();
   case 0:
     args[0] = "/bin/sh"; args[1] = "-c"; args[2] = prog; args[3] = 0;
     sig_pipedefault();
     execv(*args,args);
     strerr_die3x(111,"Unable to run /bin/sh: ",error_str(errno),". (#4.3.0)");
  }
--- qmail-local.c ---

Looks like all works here. If qmail-local can't find /bin/sh it writes
error message to syslog. So, the problem somewhere in code?
I'm not C programmer, so i can't catch the problem here.

So i hopefully write here. Today i must install new OpenBSD box with
Qmail on it. It seems that it will be bad day for me...

---
Pavel Korovin
 SMTP: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 PSTN: +7 (095) 721-26-00