On Wed, 12 May 1999, DUGRES Hugues, I.T. manager at C.Q.E. wrote:

   What do you think of that ???

   As I complained to sorena (the editor of ZMailer) of errors 500 generated
   when there was a connection in between Qmail and Zmailer, here was their
   answer... Any idea ?

Matti is definitely wrong.  I just ran my own pipelining test, 1000
RCPT entries, two messages, all sent in a single i/o operation.
Worked fine.

He's probably doing something silly, like not waiting for the
something  (I've done both of those before, with predictable
results).

-- Jeff Hayward

   >Subject: QMAIL definitely violates PIPELINING specification ...
   >
   >yep, it is definite, QMAIL violates RFC 2197, and should *NOT* claim
   >support for PIPELINING.
   >
   >MAIL From:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> BODY=8BITMIME
   >RCPT To:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   >250 ok
   >250 ok
   >
   >After that "MAIL From:" command it reads successfully the "RCPT To:",
   >but it would loose any input (at least the "DATA") after "RCPT To:"
   >processing.
   >/Matti Aarnio

   We aim at delivering high specification products at very
   competitive prices.

   For all your filters, resonators, oscillators and rubidium
   clocks, think TEMEX Time & Frequency.

   /-----------------------+------------------------------\
   |                       |  TEMEX Time & Frequency      |
   | TTTTTT TTTTTT  FFFFFF |  C.Q.E.                      |
   |   TT     TT    FF     |  2, rue Robert Keller        |
   |   TT     TT    FFFF   |  10150 Pont-Sainte-Marie     |
   |   TT     TT    FF     |  France                      |
   |   TT     TT    FF     |  tel : +33 (0)3 25 76 45 00  |
   |                       |  fax : +33 (0)3 25 80 34 57  |

   For more details, please :
      mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
         Or visit our web site http://www.tekelec-temex.com