Fred Lindberg wrote:

> All as it should be on a very lightly loaded system that does mainly
> local work.

Actually it does no local work. It is just a gateway which forwards
"legit" mail to our internal mailhub which the users access. But I'll
still take that as meaning the machine is operating fine. Thanks for all
your input. I really love using qmail but I need to make sure it
performs well because I have to justify it's use over sendmail. I
installed it when we purchased a new gateway machine and the biggest
issue for me was migrating our heavily hand-hacked sendmail.cf to the
latest version. No thanks! Of course, my boss had other concerns like
performance, support, etc.

- med

Mark E Drummond                  Royal Military College of Canada
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                              Computing Services
Linux Uber Alles                                      perl || die