On Fri, May 21, 1999 at 05:44:39PM +0300, ivan wrote:
> hi,
>
> How can I setup a QMAIL as a backup mail server, what I have in mind ?!
>
> I have other email server (under NT) and I want if it is down the second mail
> server (in this case QMAIL) to recieve and send mail and second, users still to
> have access to their POP3 mail boxes.
> If this is not posiblle with different mail servers then how with 2 QMAIL
> servers. What about of synchronizing them if they use a separate storage space
> (2 diff. HDD on 2 diff. computers.).
> What about many mail servers ?!?!

One way is to have an nfs server and two qmail servers. Put all
the user maildirs on the nfs server and mount them on the two
mail servers. Each mail server should have a qmail queue installation
on thier local disk.

Ken Jones
Inter7
http://www.inter7.com/qmailadmin/ - web admin of vchkpw virtual domains