> Pine only groks mailboxes, so maildir2mbox moves the messages from a maildir
> to an mbox for Pine's benefit.  In the longer run, consider running an IMAP
> server that handles maildirs.

I realized that it didn't like Maildir, but I thought you could set what
file it used as it's mbox by setting the MAILTMP variable. I've got my
MAILTMP set as something else entirely, yet it insists on using Mailbox.
Why would I want to set up an IMAP server? I don't currently have one
running. The way I see it, the less open ports I've got, the better.

> That's a feature, qmail doesn't want to run as root which it would have to
> do.  Use ~alias/.qmail-root to send root's mail somewhere else.

Ah thank you. I knew I had forgotten to ask something. I aliases work
under qmail. I've got some aliases under people's home directories, so
they can accept mail from other addresses, but I haven't figured out how
the ~alias/.qmail-x works. Do I need to put the address to forward to in
the /.qmail-root file? Is it as simple as that?

> People say nice things about mutt.  The rest of us make do with worthless
> unreliable MUAs.

Glad you brought up mutt. I've been wanting to switch to it for some time
now. Unfortunately I haven't found an editor that works with it too well.
It was using vi, but vi seems to forget to wrap the text, so it sends
everything on this one long line. I tried using pico as well, but it sits
there and asks me what file I want to save it as etc., which is just a
pain. BTW, does mutt use Maildir, or will I have to set up a mutq filter
for it as well?

> More reliable than the things they replace.  Dan's definition of beta
> is along the lines of "not known to be bug-free" rather than the more
> popular "runs well enough that maybe the users will debug it for us."
> Like most bits of qmail, tcpserver is really nice once you believe that
> it really is fast and nail down its typical three-mile long command line.

Thanks, I'm into anything that'll save me some memory and a few CPU
cycles. I'll have to give them a try.

Regards,
Jason