>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] had the thought that... <<<

> > That's a feature, qmail doesn't want to run as root which it would have to
> > do.  Use ~alias/.qmail-root to send root's mail somewhere else.
>
> Ah thank you. I knew I had forgotten to ask something. I aliases work
> under qmail. I've got some aliases under people's home directories, so
> they can accept mail from other addresses, but I haven't figured out how
> the ~alias/.qmail-x works. Do I need to put the address to forward to in
> the /.qmail-root file? Is it as simple as that?

Yup, just put a &your-login-here in ~alias/.qmail-root and all will be
well.

> > People say nice things about mutt.  The rest of us make do with worthless
> > unreliable MUAs.
>
> Glad you brought up mutt. I've been wanting to switch to it for some time
> now. Unfortunately I haven't found an editor that works with it too well.
> It was using vi, but vi seems to forget to wrap the text, so it sends
> everything on this one long line. I tried using pico as well, but it sits
> there and asks me what file I want to save it as etc., which is just a
> pain. BTW, does mutt use Maildir, or will I have to set up a mutq filter
> for it as well?

All of the above problems can be fixed in the config files of vim and
mutt.  I know it's bad to assume that he is using vim instead of mutt,
but if he isn't he should be ;-)

.vimrc:
set tw=70               " always limit the width of text to n

.muttrc
set mbox_type="Maildir"
set mbox="$HOME/Maildir/"
set spoolfile="$HOME/Maildir/"