In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> you wrote:

> Could anyone help me?

> I'm using the checkpoppasswd supplied on Qmail.org:
> /* Alternative checkpassword for QPopup by Jedi/Sector One <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> */
> /* Format of the configuration file is :
>  * pop_login:crypted_password:real_login:path */

>  In the file
> /var/qmail/users/poppasswd there is a line like:

> testid:DmIMm9e5Hc8ic:popuser:/var/qmail/popboxes/domain-com/joe

> So, here the passwd is crypted. My question is How to setup the crypted
> passwd? What seed to use?

> The Jedi's checkpoppasswd script uses the crypt() function, with the
> parametter: crypt(passwd,stored)
> -passwd is the passwd the the program take from the network
> -stored is the crypted passwd in the poppasswd file.

> So, I don't know what passwd to set in the poppasswd file.

> I'm sure someone has a good idea about that :-))

It is irrelivant what seed you use to crypt your passwords with. The
checkpasswd program will read in thecrypted password from the poppasswd file
and use the first two chars as the seed.

If you question is how to generate crypted passwords (for creation of
poppasswd entries) then have a look at my mkpasswd.pl util at:

http://www.tibus.net/pgregg/projects/

Paul.
--
Email pgregg at tibus.net |       CLUB24       | Email pgregg at nyx.net    |
Technical Director        |      INTERNET      | System Administrator       |