On Fri, 4 Jun 1999, Mylo wrote:

> That's sounding happy, but how do you limit the number of qmail-remote's that are
> gonna get spawned.  Aren't you running the risk of thousands, or should I say
> millions of them starting at once.

maintain a list of current running children. when one dies start a new one.
if is dies delivery failed pass that message off to qmail-queue before
starting another qmail-remote.

with a little twiddling with perl one would optimise the deliveries so
identical message to same remote hosts use the multiple rcpt featuires of
qmail-remote, one could also monitor the maximum per-host concurrency and
prevent overloading of one host.

RjL
The problems of the world    ||  Fax:   +44 870 0521198
can't be solved by fixing    ||  Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
the working -- C. Daniluk    ||  Phone: +44 385 275 394