> > >Let me ask you this. If you got into an airplane, a Cessna 150,
> > and I handed
> > >you a key, could you start it? Is the key what starts it? Should
> > you turn it
> > >like a car key? Is there a difference between turning it left or
right?

> Technically, if you try to fly a plane, and you don't even know how to
start
> the engine, your instructor is an idiot, or you are paying for on a
> demonstration lesson. They might let you turn the key for the thrill, or
> even control the plane (mostly), but you wouldn't actually be able to
start
> the plane unless you knew the correct procedure.

When you first asked the question, the "instructor" was nowhere in sight
(unless you are presumed to be the instructor).  So let's not call the
missing instructor the idiot here.  If you're not sure if you know how to
fly a plane, then you clearly DON'T KNOW HOW TO FLY THE PLANE.

If you aren't sure if you know how to fly the plane and you insist on
attempting to fly it anyway, then you are the only idiot.

shag