Alex,
As you quoted "Don't think that the behavior on this list isn't
completely public, and potentially newsworthy." This is a very public
mailing list and from what i remember freedom of speach is still in affect.
One of the greatist things in america is that if someone does not like
something or does not agree with someone, they can voice there opinion even
though it may be taken as profanity, or offensive.  You take remarks the way
you feel.  Others may make comments and take them in a diffrent mannor.
Please understand the guys on here, especialy the ones that have helped me
out in the past thanks guys,  Just expect the minimal from you.  By common
sense you should know to read all documentations via web pages, man files,
and or any text files availible befor askin someone a question. Imagine
this.  If someone called General Motors but does not know how to drive
example

General Motors doesn't have a help line for people who don't know how

to drive. Imagine if they did...

HelpLine: General Motors HelpLine, how can I help you?

Customer: I got in my car and closed the door and nothing happened!

HelpLine: Did you put the key in the ignition slot and turn it?

Customer: What's an ignition?

HelpLine: It's a starter motor that draws current from your battery
and turns over the engine.

Customer: Ignition? Motor? Battery? Engine? How come I have to know
all these technical terms just to use my car?

This is what would happen.  How can someone help this person if they dont
know the basics.  I do admit that I did ask some dumb questions.  But I made
sure to read the text, man pages, and other documents befor askin.  Just a
FYI for later
Ken