On Sat, Jul 03, 1999 at 10:42:32AM -0400, Alex Miller wrote:

> Jozef,
> 
> You didn't create a mess. It was a mess already. Teaching is a sacred
> activity, as sacred as a meal, each meal is a gift, and every student is the
> first student.

I haven't contributed to the war on this list so far, but I feel I have to
say something: Alex, you've come in and really angered many of us. This
list was so serene and peaceful, until you jumped in. From your posts, you
sound like a little spoon-fed child. And it's exactly the method you're
using to teach newbies. Your words "Teaching is sacred... blah blah..." are
fine, but one never learns properly unless one is taught to question
oneself and the knowledge around them. Spoon-feeding only makes people
dull, and I feel that many of the intellectual people on this list would
prefer to lead a newbie to the answer than serve it on a plate. Please, I
beg of you: stop this war of words, make peace with the list members, close
your mouth, and listen for a while. You might actually like it here, and
learn something along the way.

-- 
Anand

Reply via email to