I am having problems using tcpserver to log messages

I use this command to start my pop server
supervise /var/supervise/qmail/pop3d tcpserver -v 0 pop-3 /usr/sbin/in.pop3d
| setuser qmaill cyclog /var/log/qmail/pop3d/ &

This command for qmail-send
supervise /var/supervise/qmail/send /var/qmail/rc | setuser qmaill cyclog
/var/log/qmail &

and this command to start my smtp server
supervise /var/supervise/qmail/smtpd tcpserver -v -x/var/qmail/smtp/tcp.smt
        -u$QMAILDUID -g$NOFILESGID 0 smtp \
        /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd-wrapper 2>&1 | setuser qmaill accustamp |
\
        setuser qmaill cyclog /var/log/qmail/smtpd &

The only one that works is the smptd server
My directories are the same permissions etc
drwxr-xr-x   4 qmaill   root         1024 Jul 19 15:32 qmail/
drwxr-xr-x   2 qmaill   root         1024 Jul 19 15:23 pop3d/
drwxr-xr-x   2 qmaill   root         1024 Jul 19 14:50 smtpd/

The extremely strange thing is all the pop messages get logged to the
console, not the pop3d directory, the qmail-send messages I never see
anywhere and smtpd logs correctly into its directory.

I used a slightly modified start from
http://web.infoave.net/~dsill/lwq.html#start-qmail

Any ideas? Please?

Tim Hunter