At 04:24 PM Friday 7/23/99, Gustavo V G C Rios wrote:
Dave Sill wrote:

 > Gustavo V G C Rios <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 > >"Soffen, Matthew" wrote:
 > >>
 > >> Umm.. doesn't qmail HAVE to be started using CSH  per the readme files
 >
 > That's the recommendation, but all that's necessary is disassociating

 > I thought you said you installed qmail according to the LWQ

Yeah, i did according to the LWQ, but i see no way which could damage qmail
from starting from a root shell.

Hmm. An interesting dilemma. We can see no way "which could damage qmail"
on a working Unix system if everything is done *exactly* according to the
instructions.

I'm not saying it's the cause, but you have to agree that it makes it a tad
difficult for us if you install and run according to the instructions,
excepting the instructions you don't feel a need to follow...

The archives will show that many problems reported on this list occur
precisely because people think they know better than the instructions.

Is it safe to assume that there are no other instances where you varied
from the instructions for similar reasons?

Regards.