Gustavo V G C Rios <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>"Soffen, Matthew" wrote:
>>
>> Umm.. doesn't qmail HAVE to be started using CSH  per the readme files

That's the recommendation, but all that's necessary is disassociating
the child processes from the parent's tty. Csh and bash do that
automatically. Nohup can be used to force that, too.

>I dont realy know, once if you decide to start it at boot time, it will
>be started using sh!

Not if you do "csh -c qmail-start ...".

>> > i start it from a root shell, here goes what i do to start it:
>> > # export PATH=/var/qmail/bin:$PATH <enter>
>> > # qmail-start ./.Mailbox sh -c 'accustamp | cyclog /var/log/qmail' &

I thought you said you installed qmail according to the LWQ
instructions. If so, you should be starting qmail via the startup
script linked to /usr/local/sbin/qmail.

-Dave