[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>Completed messages: 3580
>Recipients for completed messages: 3580
>Total delivery attempts for completed messages: 3580
>Average delivery attempts per completed message: 1
>Bytes in completed messages: 48327448
>Bytes weighted by success: 48327448
>Average message qtime (s): 3.49601
>Total delivery attempts: 19568
>  success: 16806
>  failure: 2108
>  deferral: 654
>Total ddelay (s): 87744.249823
>Average ddelay per success (s): 5.221007
>Total xdelay (s): 120875.501606
>Average xdelay per delivery attempt (s): 6.177203
>Time span (days): 0.28308
>Average concurrency: 4.94215

Hmm. Everything there looks pretty reasonable for a not-too-busy
system.

Was there a backlog of undelivered messages during this period?

Have you run the other qmailanalog scripts and looked at the output?

I think you need to trace qmail-send to see where it's spending its
time and why it isn't calling rspawn/lspawn faster.

Describe what the system is doing, mail wise. Is it sending to remote
users, receiving for local users, or what?

Are you running an ident server? Doing ident lookups on SMTP
connections? Is your name server fast? Do you have adequate bandwidth?

-Dave