Martin Ouwehand writes...
>Has anybody seen this: from time to time, a whole bunch of qmail-queue's
>will accumulate (I'd say up to ~400), apparently doing nothing (ps shows
>that most of them have the same WCHAN, but not all of them). Most of
>them have 1 as PPID, a few still have qmail-smtpd as parent.

Are they all in TIME_WAIT?  It's probably one machine.

Look in the logs (or use netstat or lsof) to get the IP address of the
machine.

Use my recordio patch to record dialog just for that host.

I bet you'll find qmail is dropping the connection with the "bare LF"
message.  I've previously given my point of view on qmail's non-RFC
compliance on the list before, find that message, apply the patch.

--
Aaron Nabil