Ira Abramov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> the daemontools binaries are included, they are, like all DJB software
> other than Qmail itself, under PD (not GPL).

I'm fairly sure that Dan's software is not in the public domain.  It
requires a specific and explicit statement by the author to place
something in the public domain, and I've not seen such a statement.

It's covered under a very unclear license, from a legal perspective, at
least relative to the prevailing free source licenses.  This seems to
reflect Dan's belief that the basis of most current software licensing is
invalid.

<URL:http://www.pobox.com/~djb/softwarelaw.html> and note also
<URL:http://www.pobox.com/~djb/qmail/dist.html>.

--