On Fri, 20 Aug 1999, Russell Nelson wrote:

> Other products are in the public domain (e.g. cdb or checkpassword).
> And other products are simply copyrighted with NO permission to
> redistribute granted at all (e.g. mess822, or libtai).

umm, isn't libtai part of the cyclog package as it is? and mess822 has
been hanging around in a binary RPM on Mate W.'s site... either it's OK or
Dan doesn't care enough...

> I would prefer to see a file called COPYRIGHT in each product.

COPYRIGHT has nothing to do with distribution rights, the free software
movement shows us that the connection is dissapearing, and so does DJB
himself on his site.

> And no, it doesn't really matter what I say on www.qmail.org, because
> legal authority can only come from the author.  All I could do is open
> myself up to legal liability.

ok, that I can understand.