On Fri, Sep 10, 1999 at 08:42:08AM -0400, Russell Nelson wrote:
> Kevin Waterson writes:
>  > I am putting together a redhat clone and have omitted sendmail entirely.
>  > of course exmh nmh fetchmail etc complain, but that can be remedied later.
>  > I have been looking and reading up on qmail-run and var-qmail packages.
>
> Ask redhat to change the dependency from "sendmail" to "mailtransferagent".
Hello Kevin,
what Distro do you use, at least on my system (RH 6.0):
mirko@picard:[mirko]> rpm -qi --requires nmh
Name        : nmh                          Relocations: (not relocateable)
Version     : 0.27                              Vendor: Red Hat Software
Release     : 8                             Build Date: Son 18 Apr 1999
22:10:30 CEST
Install date: Mon 21 Jun 1999 14:56:59 CEST      Build Host:
porky.devel.redhat.com
Group       : Applications/Internet         Source RPM: nmh-0.27-8.src.rpm
Size        : 4758227                          License: freeware
Packager    : Red Hat Software <http://developer.redhat.com/bugzilla>
Summary     : A capable mail handling system with a command line interface.
[...]
smtpdaemon
[...]

mutt and fetchmail only require smtpdaemon as well.
smtpdaemon is provided eg. in the RPMs Mate has built?

Regards
Mirko