Hello,

I have recently set up qmail on my machine. The installation went
beautifully! When i attempted to send mail from my local network,
i got this error:

``sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)''
for messages to any domain not listed in /var/qmail/control/rcpthosts.

So, i check the FAQ, and sure enough, there's a fix. So i setup and
run TCP-SERVER without any problems. when i go to set the rules per
the FAQ and man pages i get:

unable to parse command 192.168.0.:allow,RELAYCLIENT="" error line 1

What the heck? So i go check the FAQ for more problems. It says to
run INSTCHECK among other things. So i do the rest of the fixes and
then run the INSTCHECK

It kicks back three errors:

permissions for alias are wrong
permissions for sendmail are wrong
group for sendmail is wrong

I manage to fix the permissions for sendmail and am then left with
one error,

the permissions for alias are wrong.
I set them to 644, and nada! I set .qmail* under them to 644 (per directions) and nada! So i try every combination (yes, i really did, and it took some time) and nada!

Does anyone know what i've missed or have any suggestions to what to look for to fix the alias permissions and the parse problem?

Please help!!!

Ryan L