Glad to hear that they are red herrings...

no, it didn't use the command line.

I followed the directions and made a file
called /etc/tcp.smtp
and filled it with:

192.168.0:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
127.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""

I then went to the command line and typed in (per directions)

/usr/local/bin/tcprules /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb /etc/tcp.smtp.tmp < /etc/tcp.smtp

and it promply laughs in my face with the unable to parse error!!!
I'm currently looking on E-bay for a very large hammer!

Ryan