Thomas Booms EDV <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>There are many problems I have and I don't know with which I should
>begin. But there is a language question to you who wants to answer me:
>do you speak german too? If not, then I have problems with some words...

I wish someone would translate "Life with qmail" to German. Or any
other language, for that matter.

>I'm hosting several virtual domains and told qmail in
>/var/qmail/control/virtualdomains the names.

Show us your virtualdomains file. Better yet, run qmail-showctl and
show us the outout.

>I restarted qmail-send and
>postings to the domain are logged with the syslog entry "... delivery
>50: deferral: unable_to_find_alias_user!/".

You do have a user called "alias" in /etc/passwd, don't you? Did you
verify that the installation worked before you added the virtual
domains?

>Where do I have to write in
>the alias? I don't think in /var/qmail/alias. I didn't found something
>about the .qmail file in /home/user.

/var/qmail/alias/.qmail-* is for system-wide aliases.
/home/user/.qmail-* is for user extension addresses. Either can be
used by a virtual domain, depending upon what you put in the
virtualdomains file.

>The next problem is, that I must relay selected users. I've read the
>documentation more than one time but it won't run. What do I make wrong?
>
>I have no ideas.

We don't either, until you tell us what you did.

>What do I have to start other than qmail-pop3d or qmail-popup so I can
>read mails over modem (if I remember right then it is ppp)?

It's not clear what you're trying to do. Do you have a UNIX/qmail box
attached to the Internet that you're trying to access from a Windows
PC at home?

-Dave