From: F7596 [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 1999 9:58 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Setup HotMail by Qmail ?

Hi,

Now Let me try to configure a small one HotMail by up to down with
scale of 1,000,000 mail accounts. Please help me to finish this issue.

1. Choose OS as Linux
   (or FreeBSD, Solaris ? PC or SUN ? I am not sure which one is better?)
2. Prepare 10 PC as qmail mail server which store real mail
   (define as ms1.hotmail.com - ms10.hotmail.com, each server store
    100,000 users' mail, each server also handle pop3 service )
3. Prepare 1 PC as qmail-ldap server (define as ldap.hotmail.com)
4. Prepare 1 PC as qmail-smtp server, (define as smtp.hotmail.com)
    which process incoming mail to dispatch each mail to accurate
    mail server (ms1 - ms10)

And DNS Setting:
hotmail.com   MX   0   smtp.hotmail.com

Operation flow:
User with E-mail address : [EMAIL PROTECTED] , store in ms1.hotmail.com

When anybody sendemail to [EMAIL PROTECTED], which mail will be send
to smtp.hotmail.com,and smtp.hotmail.com will quere ldap.hotmail.com
with real mail serverwhich store the [EMAIL PROTECTED], and then relay
mail to ms1.hotmail.com

Is there anything wrong in my configuration and understanding with QMail ?
Do I miss anything ?

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

Farmer Tien