Hi,

  I've been trying to track down this issue for a while but I still don't
know what is wrong.  Essentially, when I subscribe to majordomo mailing
lists elsewhere, my masqueraded email address [EMAIL PROTECTED] isn't
recognized.  If I send majordomo

     'subscribe list-name'

[EMAIL PROTECTED] is automatically subscribed.  If I explicity send
majordomo

     'subscribe list-name [EMAIL PROTECTED]'

the response is that the request will be forwarded to the owner.  The
response also tells me that the reason for the delay is either 1) the list
subscription is closed or 2) the address I'm trying to subscribe is
different from that of the ones in the header.

  I've sent myself mail and check the headers.  Both From: and Reply-To: are
set to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  I don't see why the headers would be causing a
problem.  On the other hand I've tried multiple majordomo lists and all of
open subscriptions.

  So what is causing this discrepancy between remote majordomo programs and
what I'm seeing in my own headers?

  I'm running Qmail-1.03 on FreeBSD 3.2.  Here are my control files:

{prompt} grep '' *
defaultdomain:blackmist.org
defaulthost:blackmist.org
locals:whispers.blackmist.org
locals:blackmist.org
me:whispers.blackmist.org
rcpthosts:blackmist.org
rcpthosts:whispers.blackmist.org

Almost all mail is sent to a script qmail-cyrus to be forwarded to the imap
server.

I'm running tcpserver to relay stuff from the LAN.
{prompt} cat /usr/local/etc/tcp.smtp
#.#.#.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""

and invoked with

/usr/local/bin/tcpserver -x /usr/local/etc/tcp.smtp.cdb -v -u 82 -g 81 0
smtp /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd \
2>&1 | /var/qmail/bin/splogger smtpd 3 &

The mail client is on a different machine using whispers as the smtp server.

Any thoughts?

r.